Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Certificate of Status?
Certificates of Good Standing, also known as Certificates of Status, Certificate of Existence or Certificate of Facts, are often needed in the course of day-to-day business. This document states that a Corporation or LLC is authorized to do business in the state and that its state requirements have been satisfied. It shows the official evidence of an entity’s existence and provides a statement of an entity’s status, legal name, and legal formation. It bears the official seal of the Florida Secretary of State.
Why may I need a Certificate of Status?
- Apply for business loans / lines of credit
- Renew a business license
- Open a business bank account
- Tax or other business purposes
What is a Labor Law Poster?
Labor law posters are the mandated state and federal employment law notices that employers with at least one employee or more are required to conspicuously post in an area frequented by all employees. Federal contractors and subcontractors are required to inform employees of their rights under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), the primary law governing relations between unions and employers in the private sector. See 29 CFR Part 471. The notice, prescribed in the Department of Labor’s regulations, informs employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors of their rights under the NLRA to organize and bargain collectively with their employers and to engage in other protected concerted activity. Additionally, the notice provides examples of illegal conduct by employers and unions, and it provides contact information to the National Labor Relations Board (www.nlrb.gov), the agency responsible for enforcing the NLRA.
Who is required to post a Labor Law Poster?
Federal contractors and subcontractors with at least 1 employee must post the employee notice conspicuously in and around their plants and offices so that it is prominent and readily seen by employees. In particular, contractors and subcontractors must post the notice where other notices to employees about their jobs are posted. For more information, you may visit the Department of Labor at DOL.gov.
Why do I need to post a Labor Law Poster?
Businesses with at least 1 employee are required by Federal Law 29 USC Sec. 666 (I) & 29 Sec. 2005 to post an up-to-date compliant Labor Law Poster in the workplace. Penalties and risks of non-compliance with posting regulations can lead to potential fines in excess of $7,000 per instance for failure to post federally required information, and could possibly even lead to lawsuits.
What is an EIN (Federal Tax ID Number)?
An EIN (Employer Identification Number) is a nine-digit number issued by the IRS used to identify businesses and certain other entities. An EIN number is also called a Federal Tax ID. It is commonly used for taxing and banking purposes and to register your business with the federal government. All businesses are required to have an EIN.
Why Do I Need an EIN?
- To hire employees
- Open a business bank account
- File taxes
- Apply for business loans / lines of credit
About your Annual Report:
- An annual report must be filed each year for your business entity to maintain an “active status” with the Department of State.
- It updates or confirms your records with the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations, displaying your business’s most current data on file.
- It is required, whether or not you need to make changes.
- It is not a financial statement.
- If a business files late, a $400 late fee will be imposed on you by The State.
- If you do not file an annual report by the third Friday of September, your business entity will be administratively dissolved or revoked at the close of business on the fourth Friday of September. (Chapters 607, 617 and 620, F.S.) Businesses may acquire additional reinstatement fees.
What is a fictitious name?
A fictitious name (also known as a“doing business as” or “dba”) is: Different from your personal name, if doing business as a sole proprietor. Different from your entity’s legal name, if you have incorporated or otherwise formed a separate legal business entity.
Why do I need to do a legal notice advertisement?
- In accordance with the Florida Department of State, the name you registered must be advertised at least once in a newspaper that is located within the county where your principal place of business is located (Chapter 50, Florida Statutes). This is also known as a Legal Notice Advertisement.
- A Legal Notice Advertisement is NOT the same as registering your fictitious name with Sunbiz.
- If the business fails to comply, the business, its members, and those interested in doing such business, may not maintain any action, suit, or proceeding in the state of Florida until this statute is complied with.
About Fictitious Name Renewals
- Fictitious names are valid for 5 years. Renewal applications are due by December 31 of the final year. All renewals submitted online must be received by the Department of Corporations by December 24. Please see chart below for FBFC submission deadlines.
If you fail to file your renewal, your registration will expire. When a fictitious name has expired, it cannot be renewed or reinstated. Once expired, Florida law requires a new fictitious name registration to be filed, which may require additional fees.
Why do you need my information?
The information provided is used to complete processing with the state and IRS. Without it, we can not proceed with your requests. We do not use your information for any other purposes except those in which you have contracted us for.
When should I expect my documents?
All orders are typically processed the following business day. USPS orders may take up to 14 business days to arrive. Electronic deliveries may take up to 3 business days and will be sent to the email provided by the customer. If you do not see your order in your inbox within this time frame, please get your SPAM or JUNK folder.
Any orders including a Legal Notice Advertisement may take up to an additional 3-4 weeks to receive.
What if I need to make changes to my information?
Since Florida Business Filing Center extends our time and money to perform the requested services on behalf of the customer, we unfortunately cannot offer refunds on any purchase that has already been processed and completed by our office. If an order has not yet been completed and you wish to cancel, please contact us right away (usually a 24 hour window from when the purchase was made). We then may, on a case to case basis, decide to issue you a refund minus any merchant processing fees which may range up to $25.
Are you affiliated with a government agency?
Florida Business Filing Center is not a Government Agency and is not affiliated with the Internal Revenue Service or any other federal or state organizations. Florida Business Filing Center acts as a Third Party application assisting company. We do not provide legal, financial or other professional advice. We are not a law or an accountancy firm nor are we affiliated with either.
What if I want a refund?
Since transactions on this site are based on services provided which cost Florida Business Filing Center time and money to perform, we unfortunately cannot offer refunds on any purchase that has already been processed. If you make a purchase, send us a message or call us right away requesting to cancel, and if we have not had the chance to process the order, then we may, on a case to case basis, decide to issue you a refund minus any merchant processing fees which may range up to $25.
What if my document(s) arrive damaged?
Any item which arrives damaged or defective will gladly be exchanged within 7 days of delivery date. We will ship a replacement free of charge, but only once. Any additional shipments may have processing and shipping costs attached.
What if I never received my order?
If you ordered your items electronically, please double check your spam folder. If you still have any issues locating your order, contact us right away! We will assist in locating your documents and resending them to. If you ordered them USPS, we have complete access to all our customer’s tracking information, so we will be able to look up the status. If your documents are still unable to be located, we will gladly resend you your order free of charge, but only once. Any additional requests may require additional postage charges on your behalf.